Week 09 Reflection Entrepreneurial Journal
Throughout the course of this week, the study materials were tremendously beneficial to me, each topic in the readings and videos has taught me a great deal lessons as a person aiming for higher ground in my career. There are number of insights that I learn that will go a long way that will ensure my way forward and save me from making decisions that will damage my career.
First and foremost, I will share some insight learning from "Good to Great"
- Good is the enemy of great.
- Most good people find a comfort zone in their goodness, and never discover the joy and inner peace that comes from discovering greatness.
- We were not sent to earth to be mediocre player, but we have the responsibility even to learn the lessons of greatness and then use them to take ourselves to higher ground.
Second, insights learning from "Achieving Higher Ground"
- A leader is someone or a person who takes others to higher ground.
- Leaders stand up for something of importance and they motivate others to do the same without rewards
- Leaders cause things to happen and motivate people by their willing conviction.
Third, insights from "A Message to Garcia"
- The ability to execute is more valuable than education or talent, because it is far rarer.
- It is impossible to build an effective organization without delegating important tasks to talented and capable people.
- Courage isn’t the absence of fear but rather the ability to act in the face of it.
Each week I looked forward to great learning experiences in this course and to use what I learn to foster and mitigate the things I learn.
In conclusion, this course has been great, as a student I am learning to move from good to great.
Comments
Post a Comment