W02: Reflection- Create a Life of Meaning
working with young children
One of my favorite quote from Randy Pausch is ''The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something, because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough.''
Why did Randy Pausch achieve so many of his childhood dream? Because he was persistent, determine, dedicated and self-motivated. He also have great mentors including his parents, teachers, students and his boss. He spoke about ''Never giving up,'' that is key in achieving your big dream, always remember the why of the brick walls. Randy followed his dreams, struggled in many aspects of his life but continue to press forward with the end in mind, accomplishing his childhood dreams.
Is dreaming important? With no doubt in mind I say yes! because I too have many childhood dreams that I have accomplish thus far. My first childhood dream was, when I grew up I will marry my baby daddy; second, give my life to God; third, be a teacher for young children and fourth, be my own boss.
Like Randy, I did purse all my dreams and did accomplish them. one of my biggest dream was to operate a day-care center, that's being my own boss and I did believe in myself that it was attainable and realistic. It was very important that I did believe in myself that I could achieve this goal, there were many brick walls that I come across, accomplishing my dreams requires persistent faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, I had to stay with my dreams, I did not acquire them in a sprint because its race of endurance in applying, applying and reapplying.
Some of the principles I learn from this week lesson:
- Randy said that, ''Experience is what you get when we don't get what we want.'' Also to
- Barriers are there to prove how much we want something
- We should get in the habit of failing
- We should start a journey with the end in mind
- We all have special gift (Doctrine and Covenant 46:11)
- When you are negatively affected by unstable economic conditions, focus on your gifts, which are stable.

Comments
Post a Comment